This is a booking confirmation from Cathay Pacific. One that I received after flying to Hong Kong last summer.
I still do not understand why airlines make this booking confirmation not more fun. Add value to it, create new contact moments. Do something more then just the flight details. It is so boring. So many chances.
Most airlines have boring booking confirmations by the way.
|Itinerary Example CX|
Of course the booking process at the website must be as easy as possible, but after the booking is finished so many chances!
- Social sharing buttons are missing. I would have loved to tell everybody I was traveling to HK.
- Try to get more information from the traveller to update the profile for more relevant communications via this e-mail.
- Try to sell additional articles or services, not only hotels, or car's but also MTR tickets for example.
- Let people download specific generated guide books or i-magazines for destinations that can be read at Ipad or cell phones. But do it personalised. Ask people's preferences. This add's value. If I am for leisure in Hong Kong and for the first time, I might want to visit the symfony of light, but if I already travelled there 5 times, I am in need for different information.
- Give people the choice to rent an Ipad instead of the normal inflight entertainment system
- Stay in contact with the people after the booking untill (and after) the flight. After the booking but before departure, inform people about the destination and collect information. After return, let people write reviews and use user generated content to improve the quality of the website and social sites. Good for SEO, good for returning and new visitors.
- Inform people about the great cathay pacific service of checking in "in town" for example. If I did not read about it somewhere else, I wouldn't have known. These small things give extra service that CX can offer. Tell people.
- Publish your facebook or twitter account at this booking confirmation.
- Publish QR codes/links to information about the airports that are visited, but combine this with vouchers or promotions from local vendors at the airports.
- Think social and multi channel with every contact moment.
Just a few idea's there are so much more improvements that can be made.
It has been since June now, I have not received any communication after my flight from CX. That's strange, if they had asked me more information, they would have known more about my preferences and I might have booked my last flight to Asia with CX instead of Finnair, as I did now.
The attached PDF's also can have some more interesting information:
|Booking confirmation cathay pacific|
|E-ticket Cathay Pacific example|
|Check in E-mail Cathay Pacific|
But if you have the chance to go to Hong Kong, you will not be dissapointed. I had a great visit overthere.(and a great flight)
Some pictures below:
|Symphony of light, Hong Kong|
|Hong Kong, view from "the peak"|